Thursday, June 19, 2008

Don't Let The Smell Bother You

About 7 years ago I gave up all of my privacy. That would be when the county of San Bernardino gave Sarah, Austin, and Alissa to us. They were 9 years, 5 years, and six months old. At first it wasn’t too bad, but now that everyone is used to each other my privacy no longer exists.

My youngest, Alissa has no concept about my personal space.

I get home from work about 15 minutes before the kids get home from school. It is one of the few quiet times I have. It’s a great time take a dump, in private. Don’t you love it when there are kids outside the door asking you questions or they are whining about the other kid to you and all you are trying to do is not make loud farting noises while they are standing there?

When Alissa came home from the last day of school, she wanted to show me what she had made in class for me. It was a Father’s Day card. She was very excited. She was so excited that she couldn’t wait for me to get out of the bathroom.

The master bedroom has a “closet/stall/booth” whatever, with a sliding door that doesn’t lock. I hear my spastic little girl cheerfully burst into the house and come straight to the bathroom. Funny how she knows where to go.

Daddy! Look what I made for you!

The door slides open a crack and she waves the card in the room.

That’s really cool Alissa! Thanks!
I made one for my dad too!
Oh, that’s nice. Who is that?
Hi Mr. Johnson.
Its just Kiley.
Oh, OK.

4 comments:

White Hot Magik said...

I used to wonder why my mom would angrily ask why she couldn't have five minutes alone through the bathroom door. Geez! What was her problem, now I know....

Aynde said...

I COMPLETELY empathize. I don't think I've been to the bathroom by myself for 13 years....

:)

White Hot Magik said...

I am surprised you didn't comment on my snake. Aren't you glad I didn't add a media player and that song?

VENTL8R said...

Nope, I was standing on our deck; we have a split-entry house and the deck is elevated. Obviously. Great view of the yard and of the next street as the block slopes away from us.