Saturday, November 25, 2006

"I can't believe I watched the whole thing!"

If I see an infomercial on the TV I usually change the channel immediately. Today was a different story. I came across an infomercial today for “The Midnight Special”. The good music, colorful outfits and funky dance routines mesmerized me. I sat there and watched the whole thing.

I remember when I was a kid waking up in the middle of the night because my dad had turned up the TV too loud while watching
“The Midnight Special”. I wasn’t that young, so he would let stay up and watch it with him. There is something about the acts back in the 70’s and early 80’s that will always stay with me. I think this show started the MTV revolution.

1 comment:

funkycanadiangirl said...

Hi Tom xx
Thanks for the visit, it was nice to see you, and your comment made me smile... it was like a warm hug, and I really needed that. Thanks. (hug back). I have never seen the midnight special, and now you have me utterly curious! I'm afraid my television is rarely on, so that chances are slim to none that I'll ever get to see it! *Sobb*. How about the next time it comes on, you put on your telepathic hat and send the message through to Canada, and I'll perk right up and turn on the tube! (If you could convert the channels for me too, while your at it... that would be most helpful... oh, and the time zone thing... don't forget the time zones!). Blasted time zones... I have a bone to pick with the time zone gods... do you know there is 7 hours difference between Canada and England? I think if we share the same Queen, it should only be fair that we share the same time zones? *huff*

Anyway sweetie, enjoy the rest of your week, and glad you're doing well. I'm glad that you were able to watch the midnight special, if nothing else... to take a moment to reflect on a special time as a boy, sitting up with your dad... that was sweet. ((hugs)). xx