Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Suckaaaa!!!

“Is this Alissa’a Father?”
“Yes.”
“Hi this is Rick from Alissa’s soccer league!”
“Cool. When is practice?”
“Well, I’m not her coach, I’m the commissioner of the league.”
“Oh?”
“We can’t find a coach for Alissa’s team.”
“And because people often confuse me for David Beckham you think I know how to coach soccer?”
“Exactly!”

It is true that Rick couldn’t find a coach, but turkey balls actually said, “ I thought maybe because you were older than the other dads you could better manipulate your work schedule.” “Thanks Rick, let me turn up my hearing aid I didn’t catch the last part.”

I got the call 2 nights ago. First practice is tomorrow night. First game is a week from Saturday.

Right now we are team number 48, any ideas for a team name? I bet someone can guess what a bunch of 7 and 8 year old girls are going to name their team.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Put me in coach! :)

"Doodlebugs" is too cute. Pixies. Zip Zips. I'm on a roll here... LOL

Unknown said...

My husband has had the same pressure from the tag rugby team our son is in. He moaned and groaned about it for ages, but I know he secretly loves it!

mumof3boyz said...

Probably something along the lines of High School Musical or Hannah Montana. I hope you let us know.

Teen is coaching Little "S" soccer team as the two coaches they had set up both work shifts.

VENTL8R said...

I'm with Stacy; "The Hannah Montanas"

Patty O said...

You could call them the Gangstas so nobody will mess with 'em, but the other parents might not approve.

Guinevere said...

Wild Women of Borneo? No? Hmmm...I'll get back to you on that.

lol

Good luck!

Aynde said...

If your litle girl is anything like my little girl your team will be called either the Pink Pretty Princess Sparkle Puffs or the Flesh Eating Zombies of Doom. *laughs* My kiddo is into extremes.

Her team is called the U6 Philidelphia. The league names the teams. Makes it easier.

Malathionman said...

OK here it is... The Pink Puppies.

I'm the coach of the Pink Puppies.

Chris said...

And I was gonna GUESS Pink Puppies!

I'm the coach of my 8-year-old daughter's (co-ed) team. Thankfully, she came up with the name Sharks because our shirts are gray and their favorite practice game is Shark.

Dave said...

Get your sports kit on grandpa. Youve got a job to do! Hehehehehe

Rick sounds like a bang-up kinda guy.

Guinevere said...

The Pink Puppies, huh? LOL Too funny! Go, Daddy! lol

Triple hernia just meant that he had 3 repaired in one surgery. 2 inguinal and 1 umbilical. YOUCH!

Malathionman said...

Guinevere- Sounds like everything was hanging out. He must have been extra sore. I know how it felt with just one.

Guinevere said...

Yeah, he was totally down and out for about 3 days...and totally on pain meds. To help him stand and sit, I had to do a bear hug lift and/or lower. By the end of that 3 days, I was sooooo sore from helping him. lol

Hyperher said...

I like the Roller Serby names, which seems en vogue again. I vote Switch Blade Lil' Mamas. Or is that really inappropriate? ;)

Hyperher said...

Roller Derby, that is. Coffee, please!