Thursday, May 17, 2007

We Have a Plunger Just In Case

I have had to address many awkward situations in my years of management. I had to talk to an individual about his body odor. I have had to counsel a guy about farting in the break room during lunch. I even had to confront a guy about having his penis pump mailed to his place of work. These were easy to address because it is an individual that I had to deal with, behind closed doors.(Except penis pump guy. I just gave him his mail infront of everyone.) I now have a situation at work that has to deal with an entire group of people.

I basically have two groups of Mexicans that work for me. One group is the old school immigrants. The other group is ones that are native to California.

I had noticed this problem before but didn’t know what to say. Today one of the natives came to me with a gripe about the old school guys. Now I have to address it with the entire crew so the old school guys don’t feel singled out. This is how the native asked me to fix the problem, “Tomas, will you tell the wetbacks to flush their fucking toilet paper instead of putting it in the trash can?”

I told my boss what was up and he made me call human resources with the problem. They were not fazed a bit. In fact it is something they have had to deal with before. I didn’t know this, but I guess the plumbing in the crappy parts of Mexico is really bad. The plumbing is so bad toilet paper won’t flush, so in the trash can it goes. It is just what the old school guys are used to. They also never flush unless they take a crap.

So today I had a meeting about bathroom etiquette, kind of like the one I have had to have with each of my kids.

9 comments:

Guinevere said...

Ohhhhhhhh ewwwwwwww ick. :oP lol I'm glad it was you and not me!

I've seen this sort of thing in public restrooms and could never figure out WHY someone would do that! Now I know...because, believe it or not, there are ALOT of Mexicans in IA. Weird, I know.

Hyperher said...

I lived with a group of Turkish women once who also did not flush paper. We're lucky to live in a country with good plumbing.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my. Perhaps you should have included this bit when you had your meeting.

Anonymous said...

Now I am interest to know if they have started flushing to toilet paper!!!

Malathionman said...

Saam- Nope, still skid marks in the trash can.

Captain Smack said...

Wait a minute, hold up a second, let me get this straight - I'm supposed to put my toilet paper in the toilet?

And why shouldn't I have my penis pump delivered to my place of work? I figure I might as well have it delivered there, since that's where I was planning on using it.

Geez, no wonder I always get fired.

White Hot Magik said...

Wow, you have fun at work.

I'd laugh but I know what you are talking about.

There was a lot of tension between the workers from Mexico and those born in the U.S. at my work too.
there too. They went to just using port-a-potties, largely because of that reason.

Nice I know

Ms Smack said...

I once saw a stripper who used a penis pump just prior to dancing.

It made his willy an odd shape.. like he had an apple stuffed in there, somewhere... but um. yeah. I'll shut up now.

:)

Anonymous said...

The don't-flush-paper rule applies in Greece, too.