Wednesday, June 27, 2007

There's No Place Like Home, I Thought.

I usually keep the posts on this blog light. Wearing ladies shoes, pierced privates, and boob licking are the kind of posts associated with my little corner of the Internet. When I have something serious to get off my chest it is usually about my oldest daughter Sarah.

Sarah is currently living in a residential treatment home for teenagers. She has been there about 15 months now. It looks like she has turned the corner and is on her way to possibly coming home.

About 2 months ago a light must have went off in Sarah’s head. I guess she decided it was time to start working on getting out of that place. She is now in a program at the school that is starting to get her ready for just that, coming home. If she works hard and stays focused she may actually be home for Thanksgiving. It is all pretty exciting.

I am actually writing this post while waiting for a phone call from Sarah and her therapist. We have a therapy session once a week…….

I kid you not; I just got off the phone with Sarah’s therapist. She is off the program. Earlier today she started a fight in one of her classes. She pulled a hand full of hair out of her opponent and she possibly has a broken nose. WTF. He asked if I wanted to talk to her. I said no. I did tell him to ask her a question, “What was so important about that fight? It probably means she will be spending another Christmas in Utah.”

I gotta tell ya, it is times like this that make me think to my self, “What the hell was I thinking?” Did I just adopt a whole lot of trouble for the next 18 years? It really scares me sometimes. I see an awful lot of Sarah in Alissa. Is a lot of this stuff genetic? The girls do have the same father. Austin has a different father, and he has different issues.


I'm just pissed and I feel like blowing off some steam right now. I know I could have the same problems or worse if Sherri gave birth to some of my own evil spawn. I guess this is just all part of being a parent. Yea.








6 comments:

Hyperher said...

I'd like to talk to you about adoption, if you wouldn't mind. My husband and I are looking into this through DHS. It makes sense to us. We are going to an informational meeting in July. If you like you can e-mail me: hyperher at gmail com.

Guinevere said...

Man, know that I'm keeping you and the mrs. in my thoughts and prayers. What a major downer!!! I don't even know what to say. I can only imagine the emotions that are roiling around inside.

Some of us have to get hit by a train before we wake up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sarah's not one of them!

Hang in there, buddy!

White Hot Magik said...

I remember my parents going through some similar things with my foster brother. I hope she just faltered and made a mistake, and keeps on the right path. I'd like to say don't give up, but I can imagine how frustrated you are. I get pretty frustrated about my kids misbehavior,I imagine this is like times 1000 of what I go through.

Anonymous said...

Having not been there (nor hoping to experience it), there's nothing I can say that you and Sherri haven't already thought of spoken about. I'm sure it feels like you're banging your head on a brick wall and wonder if this is all for naught. I will add Sarah to my list of prayers and pray that she sees the lights.

Chris said...

Sayin' a prayer for you and yours, dude.

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear really easy with your [url=http://www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu]sac longchamp pas cher neuf[/url] presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one thing that I feel I might by no means understand. sac longchamp pas cher [url=http://www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu]longchamp sac pas cher[/url] , It seems too complex and extremely vast for me. I am taking a look ahead to your subsequent publish, I??ll try to get the dangle of it!